Family Weekend Football Game
Our signature Tailgate Party and South Carolina v. Mississippi State football game will be a highlight of the weekend. Plan ahead to have the most memorable time!
Purchasing Football Tickets
Registration for Family Weekend wristbands with football tickets has closed. For families seeking football tickets, we recommend securing tickets through a third-party vendor.
Important: Clear Bag Policy
Guests carrying bags that do not meet the stadium's criteria will not be admitted to the venue.
All family members who purchased a wristband package with a football ticket will be seated in the upper level of Williams-Brice Stadium, mostly in the 900, 500 and 300 sections. Students who wish to sit with their family in this area must purchase the Family Weekend student wristband with football ticket package. For children 2 and under, football admission is complementary as long as they do not occupy a seat. Families can purchase different seating through the Gamecock Club website, which is separate from the Family Weekend wristband package options.
If multiple families wish to sit together, once the first family in your party registers for Family Weekend, they will receive a specialized link in their order confirmation email that they can then send to you. Once you have access to that link and check out with your family’s Family Weekend wristbands, it will connect your orders together so that the football tickets are assigned next to each other. This works as long as the section is not sold out.
If you need to purchase additional wristbands after your original purchase, use the same email and name from your original order confirmation. This will connect the orders through the registration platform so that football tickets are grouped together if the section is not already sold out.
Tickets will be made available approximately two weeks prior to game day and delivered digitally to your account manager through the South Carolina Gamecocks App (available in both Apple App Store and Google Play). Detailed instructions on how to access and manage your mobile tickets can be found here.
Family Tailgate Party
The traditional gameday tailgate for Family Weekend begins at 5 p.m. Visit with Cocky, Cocky’s parents and the cheerleaders, and listen to live music from the Carolina Marching Band. Enjoy plenty of tailgate food like barbecue, hot dogs, chicken fingers and more.
We encourage families to bring a picnic blanket to sit on and enjoy the tailgate. Remember whatever you bring to the tailgate you must be able take with you to the stadium. Outside beverages are not permitted. Check the football game day information for the details.
The walk from where the shuttle drops off to the tailgate location is approximately 1.1 miles. Wear comfortable shoes and dress for a hot, humid day! Always follow the instructions of law enforcement, stationed at each intersection.
No parking is available at the tailgate, but there are a variety of ways to get to the stadium safely.
- First-come, first-served pay lots around the South Carolina Fairgrounds and Williams-Brice Stadium
- Gameday shuttles pick up and drop off at Russell House and Colonial LIfe Arena. Shuttle information
Note: Families who plan to include any of their student’s friends in the festivities should purchase a USC Student Wristband in advance for them as well. Children 2 and under will not be required to purchase a wristband for Family Weekend events. Individual tickets to signature events like the tailgate are not available.
Shuttle Information and Directions to Family Tailgate
We encourage you to leave EARLY for the game and have a plan for parking. No parking is available at the tailgate, but there are a variety of ways to get to the stadium safely. First-come, first-served pay lots around the South Carolina Fairgrounds and Williams-Brice Stadium
Gameday shuttles pick up and drop off at Russell House and Colonial Life Arena, below you’ll find the details on how to utilize the shuttles. We encourage families to bring a picnic blanket to sit on and enjoy the tailgate. Remember whatever you bring to the tailgate you must be able take with you to the stadium. Outside beverages are not permitted. Check the football game day information for the details.
The kickoff time for the football game Saturday, Sept. 23 against Mississippi State University is set for 7:30 p.m. and the Tailgate Party will be 5-7 p.m.
Wondering how to spend your Saturday prior to the Tailgate Party? Be sure to check out all the resources in the Parent and Family mobile app!
- 2023 Insider Guide to Columbia SC
- Review the 'Know Before You Go' website as there are great tips and information from athletics. Make your weekend even more memorable by taking time to explore your student's South Carolina home.
- If you purchased football tickets with your Family Weekend package, instructions on how to access those electronically will be emailed to you in the coming days. The email will be sent from South Carolina Athletics, so be on the watch! Additional instructions for how to access your tickets can be found at gamecocksonline.com.
- Remember to access your football tickets prior to Saturday. Athletics will be at check-in on both Thursday and Friday should you need assistance with accessing your football tickets.
- You must wear your Family Weekend wristbands (these are required to enter the Tailgate Party), and don't forget your drink tickets for family members over 21.
- As you head to the game, know that you can enter the stadium from any gate (apart from student gates). Should your gate be crowded, just head to another one.
Shuttle Pick Up Locations
- The shuttles will begin at 4:30 pm and pick up at the Russell House -1400 Greene Street and Lincoln@Devine St.
- As a reminder, the Tailgate Party is located 1 mile from the shuttle drop-off within the South Carolina State Fairgrounds.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes! Walking directions are listed below and signs will be along the walk to direct you.
After the game
- Meet the shuttle again at the drop-off point inside the Fairgrounds. The shuttle will take you back to the place where it picked you up. The shuttle will run for 90 minutes after the game.
Tips for Riding Gameday Shuttles
- Have patience! Our transportation staff will be working hard to get families to our Tailgate Party; however, it will take time.
- You must wear your family weekend wristband to ride the shuttle.
- No coolers, food, or drinks are allowed on shuttles (apart from sealed water bottles).
- Pay attention to shuttle drop-off. After the game, you will meet the shuttle again at the drop-off point inside the Fairgrounds. The shuttle will take you back to the place where it picked you up. The shuttle will run for 90 minutes after the game and does have limited service throughout the game.
*Please note there is no waiting space available at the entrance to the Tailgate Party, so we encourage you to explore the stadium area and enjoy the tailgate festivities of Gamecock Village if you get to the stadium early for the Tailgate Party.
Walking Directions from Shuttle Drop Off to Tailgate
- After exiting the shuttle (within the State Fair Grounds), walk south towards George Rogers Blvd. (the stadium will be in front of you)
- As you approach George Rogers Blvd., cross at the pedestrian crossing to the other side.
- Turn right on George Rodgers Blvd., and continue walking on the sidewalk (keeping next to the stadium).
- Continue to walk on the sidewalk south (the stadium will be on your left). Gamecock Park will be ahead, and you will cross Bluff Rd. at the pedestrian crossing.
- After crossing Bluff Road turn left and walk along the sidewalk toward National Guard Road.
- Continue straight until you reach National Guard Rd., then turn right. You will walk past the entrance to cross at the pedestrian crossing to enter the Tailgate Party.
- Look for the big white tents and banner at the entrance of the Family Weekend Tailgate Party.
Please follow the instructions of the law enforcement officers, stationed at each crossing location.
Please note that individual tickets to the Tailgate Party are not available for purchase as this event is exclusive to the Family Weekend package.
Friday, Sep. 22, 2023
Location: Thomas Cooper Library Mezzanine - Student Success Center
Friday, Sep. 22, 2023
Location: See event description for more details.
Friday, Sep. 22, 2023
Location: Russell House Ballroom
Friday, Sep. 22, 2023
Location: Russell House Theater
Friday, Sep. 22, 2023
Location: Russell House University Union 305