Get involved in what's happening at CAN Research Center!
- Sign up for our listserv! We send out a monthly newsletter full of stories, highlights, and details about upcoming events.
- Learn about upcoming events:
- We regularly update our events page as they are scheduled
- Join us at upcoming community events
- Ask us to join one of your upcoming events: We are happy to come support local and regional organizations involved in autism and neurodevelopment. Contact us to tell us about you're event.
Review our recent publications: We have organized a Google Scholar page of some of the CAN Research Center faculty and will continue to develop this list!
Participate in research!
Complete the CAN Interest Survey to get involved in research!
Specific Aims Review:
We offer CAN Research Center members the opportunity to have the 1-page specific aims for an upcoming grant application reviewed. Contact us at LEAST 4 weeks before you want to schedule your review. You will need to submit your 1-page aims one week ahead of the review. To have your review scheduled, complete the CAN Grant Review Survey. You will need:
- Targeted sponsor (e.g., NIH, NSF, DoD, foundation)
- Targeted mechanism (e.g., R01, NSF CAREER). Provide link to request for application (RFA) if available.
- Investigator team at USC (PI, Co-I's). Note: This is mostly for scheduling purposes to make sure we get reviewers that are not already involved.
- Suggested reviewers (optional)
- Brief description of the study (1-3 sentences) to help recruit reviewers.
- Preferred timeline for review (e.g., approximate dates, last possible date)
Full panel review:
Occasionally, we will host a full "mock" grant review in which senior CAN members will review, score, and discuss an application. This will be open to the CAN research community, including trainees and other faculty. A selection committee will review interest forms and select one grant for the mock review based upon funding sponsor/ mechanism and reviewer availability. Early career scientists will be prioritized. Grants that are not selected for full panel review will still have their aims reviewed by standing grant review committee members.
- Spring 2023 - Panel in early April 2024: Complete the CAN Grant Review Survey (coming soon! Make sure to select "full panel review") by March 1, 2023 @ 12 pm.
CAN-related Facilities and Environment section templates are available for you to use. Email Caitlin to receive a copy.